Have you been tagged in this before? Or received it through email?
I keep getting this so-called advisory in my inbox for the last five years or more. And now it has chased us in Facebook and everywhere. I keep removing tags; I don’t want it to appear on my wall, nor on my photo archives. Who said we have to take things like this seriously??? Especially as I (and probably, you, too) have been eating shrimps (and other sea foods for that matter) for half a century plus taking vitamin C for over 40 years and loving both. Shouldn’t we do a bit of thinking or investigating before we go panicky and send it to everyone else we know or care about?
– – – – – – –
Please read if you eat shrimps – Very Educative:
A woman suddenly died unexpectedly with signs of bleeding from her ears, nose, mouth & eyes.
After a preliminary autopsy it was diagnosed that death was due to arsenic poisoning.
Where did the arsenic come from?
The police launched an in-depth and extensive investigation. A medical school professor was invited to come to solve the case.
The professor carefully looked at the contents. In less than half an hour, the mystery was solved.
The professor said: ‘The deceased did not commit suicide and neither was she murdered, she died of accidental death due to ignorance!’
Everyone was puzzled, why accidental death?
The professor said: ‘The arsenic was produced in the stomach of the deceased.’ The deceased used to take ‘Vitamin C’ everyday, which in itself is not a problem.
The problem was that she ate a large portion of shrimp/prawn during dinner. Eating shrimp/prawn is not the problem that’s why nothing happened to her family even though they had the same shrimp/prawn. However at the same time the deceased also took ‘vitamin C’, that is where the problem was!
Researchers at the University of Chicago in the United States , found through experiments, food such as soft-shell contain much higher concentration of five
potassium arsenic compounds.
Such fresh food by itself has no toxic effects on the human body.
However, in taking ‘vitamin C’, chemical reaction occurs and the original non-toxic elements change to toxic elements.
Arsenic poisoning has magma role and can cause paralysis to the small blood vessels. Therefore, a person who dies of arsenic poisoning will show signs of bleeding from the ears, nose, mouth & eyes. Thus as a precautionary measure,
DO NOT eat shrimp/prawn when taking ‘vitamin C’.
After reading this; please do not be stingy.
Its our duty to take care of our friends
Re-share to your friends…
Could it be true? Perhaps that was what you asked the person beside you when you got to read the advisory. That person looks unsure, too, and can’t really prove that it isn’t true either. But the advisory sounds scary and the picture attached is, likewise,so alarming. So what usually happens is that you click the share button, silently telling yourself ‘what if it’s true; I should warn them anyway.’
Okay, once and for all; to those who are still speculating if this advisory is true… ^_^ consider all these simple and research-based areas of consideration:
- If it’s true, that advisory would have made national or global news, don’t you think so? Things like “health alerts” are made public and given ample time to be fully disseminated.
- Considering that seafood is popular and well-preferred by people around the world, and vitamin C is likewise used globally, plus the fact that vitamin C is present in the many fruits we enjoy so much (citrus fruits, i.e. )and so frequently, shouldn’t it strike our minds how come there has been no reported incidences of supposedly arsenic poisoning? Hmmmmm…. true, right?
- If it’s true, wouldn’t the medical sectors of the world release reports and documentaries pertaining to such a disturbing and distressing condition which could be tagged as a global health concern?
Well, the bottomline is…. it’s a H-O-A-X!
- That photo there has been found to show the bloodied face of one Neda Agha Soltan who was shot and killed in Iran in June of 2009 during an election protest.
- That vitamin C could transform non-toxic elements into arsenic and as such, may cause a truly “bloody” death like the woman in the photo has no factual basis, and therefore, whoever started that phony piece of health advisory has probably been chuckling at people’s gullibility.
- Browse and investigate all you want, but you won’t find any reported deaths or illnesses associated with the supposedly toxic combination of seafood and vitamin C.
We may never know what truly drives some crazy people to write email hoaxes and advisories like this. For fun? To scare people? To sabotage vitamin C manufacturers? To drive the price of seafood to an all-time low because it is so high-priced? Why, oh why???
Only one thing sounded more alarming to me then when I got such an email; opening that super intriguing email health advisory might lead to my email account being hacked !
Now THAT would be most alarming, indeed.