Before I start with this article, let me greet each and every one of you a very Merry Christmas and joyous holidays! 🙂
If ever you are working in an airline company, bus company, or any travel-related company, you can say that during this time of the year, thousands of travelers are seen everyday from different parts of the world. ‘Tis the holiday season, a time to relax, get away from work, have fun and spend time with your family.. After all, what better way to spend your vacation in a new place, have the time of your life in who-knows-where and discover something new?
Try this simple highlights and tips to make your trip more enjoyable and less stressful:
- Budget ahead! There’s no better experience than to travel without worrying over the expenses you’ll going to have while you’re on travel. It’s good if you have prepared your saving well way before your travel. That way, you can have as much fun as you would want and probably be able to buy souvenirs not only for yourself but for your loved ones back home, too!
- The more, the merrier! Sometimes, its good to travel alone, but most of the time, its not the case. Remember the saying, “the more, the merrier!” . Traveling is more fun when you’re with your special someone, your loved ones and your friends. Yes, it’s fun and fulfilling to travel alone once in a while, because it gives you time to ponder and think things through, but to travel with the people you love, it just doubles the happiness. Don’t you think? 🙂
- Research ahead! – Nothing beats perfect preparation. Weeks before your planned trip, you can surf the internet for note worthy information about the place you’re going to (their geography, its people, the climate, places to stay in, tourist spots, delicacies, available souvenirs and the like); or you can buy pamphlets available in bookstores that shows you something about your destination. It’s good that you know what to expect when you get there so that you’ll know what to pack. Doing a little research wouldn’t hurt you, instead, it will only make you look forward to your upcoming getaway session with your loved ones. Researching ahead also helps you save money! Why? Because you can compare in advance how much you’ll be spending band it might also help you save some of your money because of early booking discount rates and such. Wouldn’t that be amazing?
- Anticipate/ bring what you need. – When traveling, you can never be too sure that you’ll have everything you need while on vacation. Bring extra anything! Extra cash, extra clothes, extra items for the first aid kits and whatever extra you might think of bringing. Sometimes, it pays to be overly prepared than to be under prepared during travel, right?
- Capture the moment! Don’t forget to bring a camera so you’ll be able to take pictures as memorabilia. You can also consider bringing a journal/photojournal/sort of diary to list down the places you’ve visited, things you did, and/or whatever you’ll feel like writing while on vacation. Not only you can capture the moment, but you’ll capture the feelings when you write, too! So if ever you’d want to reminisce your vacation or holiday getaway, you can just get your photos and look at them over and over again! 🙂
- Don’t waste time! Always have a Plan B. Don’t let something small ruin your holiday mood. Remember, not everything you planned will turn out perfect, so its best of you always have Plan B on your itinerary. Bad weather conditions, delayed flights, lost baggage are just some of these unexpected and wanted problems that you wouldn’t want to happen when in a vacation. Not only does it waste time, it also spoils the fun. That’s why a Plan B or Plan C always come in handy. And also, remember, its a trip to have fun, so don’t just stay at your hotel room all day, keep going so you’ll be able to go to more places. Every day, new place, new destination = MORE FUN!
I hope you take note of these simple tips for your next holiday travel! Have fun and safe travel everyone! 🙂